Monday, February 1, 2010

More new items......


I found this great wicker picnic basket at a yard sale last fall, thought I would finally get it painted for my spring show. I painted the basket a soft blue and then dry brushed it with white. On the lid I painted two groupings of beautiful spring flowers. This would be a great basket to sit by a chair and store your treasures in or use it for a great family picnic!

Chickens, chickens, chickens!!! I painted 50 of my chicken magnets yesterday!


I found this great little childs chair at the DI's the other day. I painted a fun whimiscal design on it. It has been coated 3 three coats of polyacrylic for durability.
I got my paper work all sent off for my Lamoille, Nv. (outside of Elko) show this weekend. This is a great one day show that I had real good success at last year. The show date is June 27th.
The Kottage Kupboard spring show at Weber County Fairgrounds is May 5-8th.
If you have a chance please join me at both shows for some great hand painted treasures!





























2 comments:

  1. Hey that little chair has alot going on there!
    Cant believe you painted 50 of those chickens, you know what to do to be prepared. good work janae

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really get tired of painting so many of one thing like the chickens, but I always sell out of my magnets especially at Swiss Days. I plan on taking at least 1000 magnets to Swiss Days this year, around 100 of each Halloween ones, les of my others. I will be painting pumpkin's, witches, bats, skelton's, frankie's, crow's, spiders, snowmen, frog's, chicken's ladybugs' pig's, cow's, bear's, flowers and what ever other idea I come up with! These are something really easy to paint at my cabin in the summer.

    ReplyDelete