Thursday, January 7, 2010

Chairs that I painted for two of my Grandaughters for Christmas

I painted a vintage school chair for Hannah for Christmas. It is painted with a light pink base, darker pink and lavendar stripes and then I added some mauve lady bugs. I will paint more of these for my spring shows but the chairs will be different styles, but they will all be vintage school chairs ( I have a ton of these in my craft room).
I found a wood doll highchair at a thrift store two weeks before Christmas, I painted it for Beka and her babies. It's painted light pink with sparkles. I added flowers and a big lady bug. If I find anymore of these I will paint them up for my shows but I don't know if I'll find any.
The first part of next week I will add some pictures of new items I am finishing this weekend.


2 comments:

  1. I'm loving your painting projects...they really are fabulous Janae.
    I'm glad you are always on a roll doing what you love to do after you leave an office job all day!
    You probably can't wait to get home to paint.
    Isn't it nice to have a blog to share you work, build the excitement of your shows.

    Bet granddaughters will enjoy those for a long time and everyone needs a fun chair to have around for the grandchildren.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Brenda, I do love going home and painting! Some days (most days) it's really hard to work because ideas keep popping into my head so I day dream a lot! Looking forward to this years shows especially Swiss Days!

    ReplyDelete